Saturday, July 19, 2008

save me

SAVE ME
by native deen

What got me to this point
Why am I not surprised?
No need for rewind
My life flashes right before my eyes

I wasn't unlike most
and specifically speaking
grew up muslim in public school,
islamic school on the weekend

Once in a while made it to jummah
and maybe not even that.
as far as islam is concerned
it really wasn't where my head was at

But it was cool if i made grades on the home front,
A 4.0 my parents bought me anything i want

A "fly-est" gear to help me cop them digits
Then maybe later when i'm 30 i'll become religious

But later came, my dispotitioned stay the same
Live your life one way so long,
and it's not so easy to change

i refrained from the things that was said to help me gain
and indulge in the things that i should of obstained
mixed up, caught up, going out of my brain
i guess it's about time i ran to "mary jane" (marijuana)

inhalations in my breath, got my mind thinking less
oh yes, and in this state i met the angel of death

and then came the time for Allah to ressurect,
my soul from the cluthces of a six-foot depth

i find myself surrounded by the company i kept
realizing full well this was the day of regret

and over the horizon, slowly it crept
anticipation thoughts racing and i'm losing my breath

and with all my might my right arm i strech,
imagine my reaction, i caught my book in my left!

save me from the hell fire, hell fire

everybody will come to the hour,
when we stand all alone in horror
and we hope our deeds will help us through.

only one we can blame is ourselves,
we were blessed with our youth and our health
and we wonder why our deeds are few.

everybody gets a wake-up call
take a warning before the nightfall

use this time right now for making prayer
on the day where there is no shelter
the good deeds are your only helper
you'll be proud when you see that they're there.

i'm looking back at my life on the earth,
been thinking about my deeds
and what everything was worth

like the time i was listening to a speech about Hell,
it really make me scared
cause he broke it down well

never you forget about those angels undercover
or the day when your good deeds are weighed against the others,
bad deeds brought together
and you discover your good deeds are like a feather,
you start to shudder.

then the angels come,
nasty, ugly as ever
grab you by the forehead
and start to make you shudder

hot, boiling water
burning fire forever
waiting for a pause in the pain, but it be never.

as i rode to my school, i told myself
there ain't no way i'm gonna be a fool
and forget Allah's rules

eye's on the prize,
i'm gonna stay wise as i go to my class,
socialize with the guys

but whoa, look at the time
the next prayer's in,
i'm here chillin and they'll start staring

slip to the bathroom, find an empty classroom
don't wanna miss a prayer here at school or even at home

man it's a struggle
trying to be a muslim and staying out of troubles
the stress seemed double;
even watching tv i had to have patrol
hands on remote control
just to save my soul

but deep in my heart i knew it,
i could really do it if i pushed myself trough it

living all my youth with Islam,
see it only grew me stronger
witholding temptations for longer and longer

but now, it pays off if the fire stays off
be chilling for eternity, forever days off

got my book in my right and my fate is looking well,
they put struggle in my youth on the good side of my scale

with the mercy of Allah i won't fail,
cause truly not a moment
not a moment did i want in Hell
not a moment,
not a moment would i want in Hell.

save me from the hell fire, hell fire.

save me from the hell fire.


Save Me From Hell Fire - Native Deen

0 comments: